Friday, January 25, 2008

The To Do List!

Where would I be without a to do list? Honestly, I have been beleaguered by a 100 little tasks that I needed to accomplish for weeks and not getting them done. This morning I woke up (before the neighbors' alarm and well before my own Saturday morning wakey time) with an organizational gleam in my eye. I hopped out of bed, went through the usual morning routine and sat down to make my list.

A few short hours later, and well before lunch, I had wiped out most of those tasks and felt exhilarated. And here I am posting my blog a whole day early. The real secret to the To Do list is to make sure you have actionable tasks on it. If you list things like "write a book" or "remodel the kitchen" you're never going to get anywhere. If you list things like "write 1500 words" or "stop at Lowe's to look at paint" you'll be on your way.

My entry in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel contest continues to do well. I posted a synopsis for it on Gather, for critique and for advertising. I didn't get as far as I would have hoped on the editing, but I never do. I'm also working on my webpage. That will take a really long time. HTML is not my favorite thing and I'm too ambitious for my modest programming skills. Well, one mor thing for the To Do list.

No comments: