Saturday, January 19, 2008

Here I Am!

Ah, such a momentous thing. The first post. The one no one read. Why is it these things are like writing query letters? I can write 10 pages of prose in a day and suffer for a week over the exact wording of something like this.

I have dreamed of being a published writer since I was a little girl, shortly after my father told me poets didn't make any money. I was 10. Now, I'm 38 teaching, preschool in Seoul, South Korea and still writing. I think I'm getting better though.

In this blog, I plan to post each Sunday (give or take) what's going on in my fabulous writing career. Currently, I'm in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest and doing pretty well. I also do a lot of reading and writing about everything that interests me so there will be some of that here too. And probably some stuff about my kids. I don't have biological children, but I am a dedicated teacher and the kids I teach form the background noise of my life.

So let's just end this one here and move on.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

I'll read your blog Christine. Just hope I remember to find it again when I get back to China. And let me know when you figure out the whole writing career thing... I need one of those too.