Sunday, September 28, 2008

My 4 Week Anniversary

Four weeks ago tomorrow, One Ring to Rule came out and appeared on the Lyrical Press bestseller list. I searched the list to see where the other books that came out the same day, my peers in a what, were. They weren't there. I thought, hmmm. It hung in there for 2 weeks before Lyrical released another group of titles.

Before those titles came out I was sweating. Would my little novella get shoved off the list by the new kids? Would it vanish into the annals never to be seen again? Would it ever appear on the publisher's front page again? No, seriously, I worried about all this stuff. If I had a job or kids I might think about something else, but here I am.

But it didn't fall off the list! Joy!

A couple of days ago it dropped to #10. I was shaking in my boots. Not really in my boots. My boots are across the room (they're really cool too. I got them in Seoul and - Oh, off topic.) I wrote a couple of emails and posted an article on Gather and the little novella that could climbed up to #9.

More joy!

Now I can say my novella was on the bestseller list for a month. A whole month.

I wonder if it can make two!

4 comments:

Kaycee James said...

Congrats on being on the bestseller list for a month! That's cool. :-)

Nell Dixon said...

Congratulations! That's so cool.

Dara England said...

That's great, Christine! Congrats. And may I add that it's pretty cool when I go to a publisher's site and see a book on the front page and go "One Ring to Rule? Why does that sound so familiar? Aha! I know that writer!" :) Happens a lot since I joined Divas.

Christa Maurice said...

I have that feeling too. It's starting to make me wish I spent more time in the bookstore, because I think that would be even more fun.

(Though not as much fun as seeing my own books there!)